Mackenzie's Mountain (Silhouette Intimate Moments, No 281)

Mackenzie's Mountain - Linda Howard Dear Friends,I have to inform you that this is the first book that I've read of Linda Howard, and I was not disappointed.My point is that Ms. Howard is a wonderful storyteller, combining her characters with an ingenious plot. Like I said...wonderful.The story of the book resumes itself by saying that...When Mary Elizabeth Potter the local teacher, confronts Wolf Mackenzie to get his son back in school, she cames face to face with a bitter and dangerous man. But with this also comes his very good looks and eventhough she is unexperienced and mostly innocent concearning the physical pleasures, she is automatically attracted to him.Wolf has been convicted of a crime that he did not commit and has to put up with the town's people prejudice, but Mary Elizabeth won't rest until everybody in town is convinced that he is a man worth loving and repect.So, true to her style, the author gives us a story full of romance and following not far behind, suspense.Mary Elizabeth is not the usual heroin, she is shy and reserved, not astonishing beautiful, but to me, she has other qualities that are more important: she is strong and faithful to her heart and to her beliefs.On the other hand, our hero, Wolf, is a man that any single woman would wish for, sensual and strong, good looking, confident and also true to his heart and to his passion for Mary.This book stands for abolishing prejudice and small-minded people and when we turn the last page it gives us something to think about.It stands for a true testemony of the power of love and shows us the ways of the small town life in America around the 60's.So my advice to you is to read it, even if you read it once in your life, just read it.