Review: The Diaries of Pontius Pilate

The Diaries of Pontius Pilate - Joseph Max Lewis

The author of this book, Joseph Max Lewis, contacted me on GoodReads about giving his debut book a try.  Had he not contacted me, I don't think I would have found this book on my own. After reading the description of the story, I decided to give it a try. Overall, I liked it.  I found at first that it was a little confusing to keep up with some of the characters and I had to go back and read some sections a second time.  It did all come together a little later on, and then it made sense to me.  I didn't feel like I got to know the characters as much as I would have liked.  Some of the interactions between them felt rushed and left me wondering.  All that said, I really enjoyed the story. The idea of an archeologist team finding scrolls written by Pilate after investigating the death and resurrection of Christ, and that there is an ancient power determined to destroy them, made for an adventure filled with conspiracy, suspense, and action.  The ending with regards to the artifacts was not what I was expecting, and leads me to believe that there will be another book.  If there is another book, I would love to continue the ride.