"Veronica Roth’s Divergent, Scott Westerfeld’s Uglies, and Lauren Oliver’s Delirium all have much more in common than being books I like. They are also all about a world in which the government has taken an inappropriate interest in people’s personal lives, regulating everything from how people look to how they fall in love to what they do for a living. It’s a scary thought, and one that compels a lot of people to keep turning the pages.

It’s also, for us gay people, a reality. Imagine a world in which the government won’t let us marry who we want to marry? We don’t have to! That’s already happening. Brock and Chet and Sage aren’t the only ones who have to fight for their right to fall in love. Thousands of us are doing that every day, across the country, as we speak."

Chelsea Condren, "The Government Can't Stop Our Heterosexual Love: YA Dystopia From A Gay Perspective"

Source: http://www.yalsa.ala.org/thehub/2013/05/27/the-government-cant-stop-our-heterosexual-love-ya-dystopia-from-a-gay-perspective